Suzanne Bruce and Associates, PA
1900 Saint James Place #600
Houston, TX 77056
Phone: (713) 850-0240
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (Services Only)
Many of the first signs of aging on the face are obvious, like fine lines and wrinkles. Volume loss is a subtle sign that can make you look tired and drawn, and cause your cheeks to sag. Our highly skilled staff of board-certified dermatologists and skin care professionals have years of collective experience administering injectable fillers to ensure you achieve attractive, natural-looking results. For years, we’ve been the number one injector of both JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in the Houston area. Additionally, we are also 1 of only 2 Platinum Level Sculptra® Aesthetic providers in Houston.
Your Beautiful Skin
Our versatile assortment of injectable fillers can provide a variety of benefits, either alone or in combination with other treatments. Our highly experienced injectors will help pick the right filler to address your unique needs. Consults are essential to help providers and patients get the results that they would like to achieve. We recommend bringing a picture of yourself when you were younger or of someone who has a similar look you would like to achieve to help the consultative process along. There are many reasons to get fillers. Both women and men often ask:
- To replace facial volume and restore a full, more youthful and symmetrical look to the cheeks, temples, and under the eyes
- To decrease the look of dark circles under the eyes
- To smooth away wrinkles around the mouth and nose
- To plump up and define lips and re-contour the nose
- To soften shallow scars (e.g., acne or chicken pox scars)
- To restore volume in the hands
- To smooth out the jawline and reduce jowls
The dermal fillers we use here in Houston and Katy are made without animal products, so allergy tests are not necessary. All are FDA-approved products and readily available to patients. Picking the right products depends on your ultimate goal and the practitioner’s judgment. They look at each of these as different types of “paint brushes” that can help create the final look that both of you are trying to achieve.
- JUVÉDERM® XC is made from a unique formulation of cross-linked hyaluronic acid (HA), which restores lasting volume and moisture to the skin. This versatile product can smooth fine wrinkles and deep folds. JUVÉDERM XC is our filler of choice in Houston and Katy, TX for filling vertical lip lines and plumping lips. It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the first FDA-approved filler to instantly add volume to the cheek area. As you age, you can lose volume in the cheeks, resulting in a flattened look. VOLUMA lends a subtle, natural-looking lift that helps to restore contour and a more youthful profile. With optimal treatment, results can last up to 2 years. Read about a recent case that combined JUVÉDERM VOLUMA with some of our favorite skin smoothers, Ultherapy® and BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is the first hyaluronic acid-based filler from the trusted JUVÉDERM family to specifically target both the lines around the lips and the lips themselves. Whether your lips have lost volume as the result of age or they’re naturally thin, VOLBELLA gives patients added volume and smoothness in the lips that’s noticeable but still looks natural. Formulated with lidocaine, the injections are quite comfortable, with instant results that last for about a year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE® is the newest hyaluronic acid-based filler from the JUVÉDERM family by Allergan to combine the lifting abilities seen in their first JUVÉDERM XC and Ultra products with the longer lasting duration found in VOLUMA. The product is a more flexible cohesive gel allowing it to be firm enough to fill the line while soft enough to move with facial expression. Results last approximately 18 months.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is a unique facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid. It’s designed to replace lost collagen. Far from a quick fix, Sculptra is a longer-lasting way to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds. It can add volume to the cheeks, temples, smile lines, and marionette lines. Most patients require 2 to 3 different treatment sessions to build up to the desired effect. Once that is achieved, results can last for 2 years or more.
- Restylane® is another HA-based dermal filler we use to add fullness to the skin and correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the smile lines (nasolabial folds). Results from a single treatment can last up to 6 months.
- Restylane® Silk is specifically designed for lip enhancement and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth in patients 21 years of age and older. While it gained its FDA approval only recently in 2014, it has been used in Canada and Europe for several years longer. Restylane Silk is formulated with lidocaine and is specifically designed for the rejuvenation of the lips and lines around the mouth. Like Restylane, Restylane Silk is an HA-based filler, uniquely formulated and cross-linked to create a softer consistency. Restylane Silk fills in subtle lines with a very natural look. Results last approximately 6 months.
- Restylane® Lyft is the most volumizing of the Restylane family of fillers. Like VOLUMA, it is great for use along the cheekbones for adding volume and lifting jowls, and replacing the lost volume from aging. It gives a very natural look and lasts approximately 1 year.
- Restylane® Refyne and Defyne have a unique formulation that makes them fantastic for lines formed by repeated facial expressions. The tissue integration and flexibility are what make these two products unique at smoothing out lines, folds and wrinkles. These fillers are especially good at correcting wrinkles only evident when making certain facial expressions, while still looking fully natural at rest. These products were approved in the U.S. in 2016, but have been used widely in 52 other countries for a number of years (known as Emervel®). They are very safe and effective products and last approximately 1 year.
Get The Skinny
Restoring the Aging Face and Your Natural Beauty
Dr. Bruce shares her view on how time affects your natural beauty and how injectable fillers help restore your youthful glow. Read the Article
Getting the Most From Fillers
Many of our patients make injectable filler treatments a regular part of their beauty routine by visiting us for periodic touch-ups and treatments. This usually happens on a recurring schedule, about every 6 to 12 months. We offer several loyalty programs for the benefit of our repeat patients:
- Brilliant Distinctions®: This rewards program, from the maker of JUVÉDERM, is free to join. Receive loyalty points at each visit and redeem them for savings as you earn more. You can also earn points shopping at some of your favorite retailers using the Brilliant Distinctions Mall. Learn more.
- ASPIRE Galderma Rewards: Join the newest reward program in the industry, also absolutely free. You’ll earn points on the Restylane family of products, including Sculptra. Once you become a member of ASPIRE, you can also earn points by taking tutorials and attending special members-only events. Learn more.
Do fillers hurt?
Today, most fillers come formulated with lidocaine, which a trusted anesthetic. This is especially true with hyaluronic acid-based products. Lidocaine makes the injections mildly uncomfortable. Treatments are brief and straightforward, and these products don’t typically produce any sort of lingering discomfort. Patients are able to return to their usual activities immediately following their appointments.
How much do injectable fillers cost?
The cost of your own procedure depends on a few factors, including which areas of your face you’d like to treat and which specific products we use. It’s tough to provide an exact estimate without knowing more about you first.
During your consultation, we’ll provide you with an accurate quote that reflects your specific procedure. Our goal is to give you the best results possible, and we need to examine you before we’re able to do that.
Can I combine fillers with other procedures?
Absolutely. It’s fairly common to use multiple fillers during a session, and they can also be combined with other procedures for enhanced results. Our favorites include KYBELLA®, an injectable product which can reduce a double chin, and Fraxel® laser resurfacing. Your practitioner offers you more personalized recommendations during your consultation.Back to Top