COVID-19 Update: Preparing for Your Upcoming In-Person Appointment
What SBA Dermatology Is Doing to Keep You Safe
Your safety and health are our top priority. We have made some changes to accommodate social distancing and create the safest environment possible. Patient’s play just as an important role in accomplishing this. This partnership between our office and patients will be key in upcoming in-person appointment. Here is a brief overview of what to expect and what is expected from you at your next visit.
SBA Dermatology will be:
- Screening all patients when scheduling appointments for symptoms and exposure risk.
- Minimizing the number of patients we are seeing per day in our clinics by expanding virtual services and staggering in-person appointments.
- Screening all patients upon arrival with temperature checks and an exposure questionnaire.
- Wearing personal protective equipment while providing patient care.
- Redesigning waiting rooms and check-in lines to ensure social distancing.
- Implementing additional sanitation processes to disinfect all equipment and surfaces.
- Offering curbside pickup for product purchases to minimize in-office foot traffic. Call our office at 713.850.0240 upon arriving or shop our online store at www.shopmdskincare.com
- Our providers have also been vaccinated.
Patients will be required to:
- Contact your doctor’s office before your appointment if you are experiencing certain ARI (acute respiratory illness) symptoms.
- To adhere to social distancing and minimize the time in the lobby, please log on to the online patient portal to update your information before your visit. No paperwork will be done in the office.
- Help minimize additional visitors to the office by not bringing guests (such as children or friends), with these necessary exceptions: Parents of minors, interpreters, or caretakers.
- Submit to health screening on arrival. As a precaution, your temperature will be taken before entering the clinic, along with an update of your current health status. Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry to the clinic.
- Wear a mask to your visit, for the protection of both patients and staff, as we are unable to provide these for our patients at this time. Your appointment will be rescheduled if you refuse to wear a mask or some sort of face covering.
- We will have a limited supply of cloth face masks available for purchase at the front desk.
- Learn how to make your own face covering
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to undergo screening precautions.
- For Cosmetic Patients wanting to use their Brilliant Distinctions or Aspire rewards, please have those loaded and ready to go to help minimize time at check out.
- Remain diligent by performing proper hand hygiene, wearing face masks and practicing social distancing.