Dark Circles & Under-Eye Bags
While dark circles and bags under the eyes might make you look like you’re behind on your sleep, there are other causes. The skin around the eyes is especially thin and delicate. As collagen is lost with age and sun exposure, the tissue thins and blood vessels below the eyes can make the skin appear dark. Many people have excess pigmentation under their eyes, which can be further darkened by sun exposure. Under-eye bags are caused by fat pads beneath the skin that descend with normal aging or heredity. Also descending fat pads and lost collagen in the under-eye area can give your eyes a tired and hollow look.
The skin specialists at Suzanne Bruce and Associates will help you determine the cause of your dark circles before treating them. Available treatments include:
- Injectable fillers can fill hollowed areas and give a refreshed appearance.
- IPL FotoFacial™ treatments can lighten dark circles caused by increased pigmentation under the eyes.
- Fraxel® laser resurfacing can reduce pigmentation, increase collagen production and improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and crépey skin around the eyes.
- Eyes by Thermage® is great for smoothing and tightening the skin around the eyes.
- Chemical peels can decrease pigmentation in the surface skin.
- Skin care products can reduce under-eye pigmentation and stimulate collagen.