When patients visit us for treatment of acne scars in Houston, Texas, they often don't realize that the red and darkened skin can return to normal on its own within 6 to 12 months if their acne is properly treated. However, after a year, any remaining irregularity in texture or pigmentation is permanent and considered an acne scar.
While medical dermatology treatment is often necessary to control active acne, patients have a variety of cosmetic treatment options available to correct acne scars, including:
- CoolTouch® laser treatments stimulate collagen production to elevate acne scars.
- Fraxel® laser treatments soften and reduce acne scars by resurfacing the skin.
- Injectable fillers can temporarily fill out shallow acne scars.
- Spa acne treatments improve acne scarring with a combination of Omnilux™ light treatments and microdermabrasion.
- UltraPulse® CO2 Laser treatments gently encourages the growth of new collagen to flatten and smooth acne scars.
During your consultation, we will help you determine which treatment will best provide your desired improvements.