Suzanne Bruce and Associates, PA
1900 Saint James Place #600
Houston, TX 77056
Phone: (713) 850-0240
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (Cosmetic Services Only)
Conditions We Treat
At the Houston dermatology practice of Suzanne Bruce and Associates, your skin is our priority. Our staff of board-certified dermatologists and other medical professionals consistently remains on the forefront of the latest discoveries and treatments in dermatology.
When it comes to treating your skin, it’s important to choose a specialist who knows the skin inside and out. For diagnosis and treatment of your skin condition, schedule an appointment in Houston to meet with a dermatologist or one of our other experienced practitioners by calling our office at
It’s important when you are choosing a dermatologist that you can be confident you will be treated by a skin specialist who has extensive experience and knowledge in a great diversity of skin conditions. That’s true when you visit our office, where our specialists commonly treat a range of skin conditions, including:
- Acne: Acne treatment includes topical and oral medications, laser, and light. Because there are many nuances in the treatment of acne we will help you find a regimen that is not only effective, but that fits with your lifestyle.
- Childhood Skin Conditions: We treat a variety of skin conditions that commonly affect children such as eczema, warts, molluscum contagiosum, diaper rash, birthmarks, skin infections, and acne. We strive to help our young patients feel as comfortable as possible when treating their skin problems.
- Eczema (Atopic Dermatitis): This itchy, dry, red skin condition commonly affects infants and children, but can affect adults as well. While not contagious, eczema can cause considerable physical and emotional discomfort.
- Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis): This disorder most commonly affects the underarms, palms, and feet. In fact, approximately 1 in 5 people suffer from excessive underarm sweating. We have several treatment options available, as well as a revolutionary new technology to help treat excessive underarm sweating that can yield as much as 90% reduction in underarm perspiration.
- Hair & Nail Problems: We treat a wide range of conditions that affect the hair and nails including seborrheic dermatitis (a severe form of dandruff), alopecia, male pattern hair loss, in-grown toenails, and toenail fungus.
- Moles and Other Benign Lumps & Bumps: We can determine whether a mole, cyst, or other skin growth is benign and treat it appropriately.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease consisting of dry, red itchy patches of skin that may or may not itch. It usually occurs on the scalp, arms and legs. Depending on the type of psoriasis, patients may have pustules or raised, puss-filled bumps. Qualified patients can participate in psoriasis studies through our Center for Skin Research.
- Rashes: Our staff is experienced in diagnosis and treatment of a diverse variety of skin rashes including contact dermatitis and sunburn.
- Rosacea: This flushed redness of the cheeks and nose is caused by small blood vessels (telangiectasia) that become dilated.
- Skin Cancers: Early skin cancer diagnosis greatly increases the success of treatment. We also provide our patients with information about skin cancer prevention.
- Skin Infections: We treat impetigo, which is a bacterial infection of the skin, and tinea capitis, or ringworm of the scalp, which is a fungal infection. Scabies is a mite infestation that can cause an extremely itchy rash and is very contagious.
- Skin Tags: These tiny growths are usually harmless and can be removed if desired through freezing (cryotherapy), electrical cauterization, or surgical removal. Skin tag removal is not reimbursed by most insurance companies or Medicare.
- Warts: This common viral infection of the skin is not dangerous, but can be unsightly and uncomfortable. We use various methods to remove them, which can depend on the patient’s age.
In addition to providing advanced medical dermatology care, our Center for Skin Research conducts clinical research trials for major pharmaceutical companies and clinical research organizations seeking FDA approval.
Back to Top