Many of the first signs of aging on the face are obvious, like fine lines and wrinkles. Volume loss is a subtle sign that can make you look tired and drawn, and cause your cheeks to sag. Our highly skilled staff of board-certified dermatologists and skin care professionals have years of collective experience administering injectable fillers to ensure you achieve attractive, natural-looking results. For years, we've been the number one injector of both JUVÉDERM® XC and JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC in the Houston area. Additionally, we are also 1 of only 2 Platinum Level Sculptra® Aesthetic providers in Houston.
Your Beautiful Skin
Our versatile assortment of injectable fillers can provide a variety of benefits, either alone or in combination with other treatments. Our highly experienced injectors will help pick the right filler to address your unique needs. Consults are essential to help providers and patients get the results that they would like to achieve. We recommend bringing a picture of yourself when you were younger or of someone who has a similar look you would like to achieve to help the consultative process along. There are many reasons to get fillers. Both women and men often ask to:
- Replace facial volume and restore a full, more youthful and symmetrical look to the cheeks, temples, and under the eyes
- Decrease the look of dark circles under the eyes
- Smooth away wrinkles around the mouth and nose
- Plump up and define lips and re-contour the nose
- Soften shallow scars (e.g., acne or chicken pox scars)
- Restore volume in the backs of the hands
- Smooth out the jawline and reduce jowls
The dermal fillers we use here in Houston are made without animal products, so allergy tests are not necessary. Each of our FDA-approved products are readily available to patients. Picking the right products depends on your ultimate goal and the practitioner’s judgment. They look at each of these fillers the way an artist might look at paint brushes. They can work individually or in concert with one another collectively to create the final look that you both want to achieve.
The JUVÉDERM® Collection of Products
JUVÉDERM is a popular hyaluronic acid-based filler, from the same makers of BOTOX® Cosmetic, that’s available in a variety of consistencies (from thinner to thicker) to effectively treat lines, wrinkles, and lost volume. We are in the Top 1% of JUVÉDERM accounts in the United States. We offer the following JUVÉDERM options:
- JUVÉDERM XC/ JUVÉDERM ULTRA XC is made from a unique formulation of cross-linked hyaluronic acid (HA), which restores lasting volume and moisture to the skin. This versatile product can smooth fine lines, wrinkles and deep folds. JUVÉDERM XC is our filler of choice in Houston, TX for filling vertical lip lines and plumping lips. It is infused with lidocaine to improve comfort during treatment.
How long does it last? JUVÉDERM results typically last about 6 months to 1 year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is the first FDA-approved filler to instantly add volume to the cheek area. As you age, you can lose volume in the cheeks, resulting in a flattened look. VOLUMA lends a subtle, natural-looking lift that helps to restore volume and add contour for a more youthful profile. View a recent case that combined JUVÉDERM VOLUMA with some of our other favorite skin smoothers, like JUVÉDERM Ultra and Sculptra® Aesthetic.
How long does it last? The results of VOLUMA can last up to 2 years, with optimal treatment.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is the first hyaluronic acid-based filler from the trusted JUVÉDERM family to specifically target both the lines around the lips and the lips themselves. Whether your lips have lost volume as the result of age or they’re naturally thin, VOLBELLA gives patients instantly noticeable but natural volume and smoothness in the lips. Formulated with lidocaine, the injections are quite comfortable.
How long does it last? VOLBELLA can last up to one year, with optimal correction
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE® is the newest hyaluronic acid-based filler from the JUVÉDERM collection. This filler combines the lifting abilities seen in their first JUVÉDERM XC and Ultra products with the longer lasting duration found in VOLUMA to create a more flexible cohesive gel allowing it to be firm enough to fill the line while soft enough to move with facial expression.
How long does it last? The clinical study demonstrated JUVÉDERM VOLLURE lasts up to 18 months, with optimal treatment.
The Restylane® Collection of Products
Restylane is another collection of FDA-approved hyaluronic acid-based filler that uses crosslinking technology to create a smooth gel filler, from the same makers of Dysport. We are of the top Restylane accounts in the United States. Each Restylane product is specially formulated for a different indication, and these products work beautifully with one another for comprehensive results.
- Restylane is used to add fullness to the skin and correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the smile lines (nasolabial folds).
How long does it last? Restylane can last up to 12 months, depending on placement.
- Restylane® Silk is specifically designed for rejuvenation of the lips and the smoothing of the lines and wrinkles around the mouth. Like Restylane, Restylane Silk is an HA-based filler, uniquely formulated and cross-linked to create a softer consistency resulting in a very natural look.
How long does it last? Silk’s beautiful results can last for approximately 6 months.
- Restylane® Kysse is the newest of the Galderma fillers and uses the same XpresHAn Technology™ found in Refyne and Defyne to not only smooth lines around the mouth but also volumize the lips with lasting results. This technology is particularly good at looking natural while also volumizing.
How long does it last? Kysse can last for up to a 1 year.
- Restylane® Lyft is the most volumizing of the Restylane family of fillers. Like VOLUMA, it is great for use along the cheekbones for adding volume and lifting jowls, and replacing the lost volume from aging.
How long does it last? The natural-looking results of Restylane Lyft last for approximately 1 year.
- Restylane® Refyne and Defyne have a unique formulation that makes them fantastic for lines formed by repeated facial expressions. The tissue integration and flexibility are what make these two products unique at smoothing out lines, folds, and wrinkles. These fillers are especially good at correcting wrinkles only evident when making certain facial expressions, while still looking fully natural at rest. These products were approved in the U.S. in 2016, but have been used widely in 52 other countries for a number of years (known as Emervel®).
How long do they last? Each product can last for 1 year.
We also offer treatment with Sculptra Aesthetic, a unique facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid. It’s designed to replace lost collagen. Far from a quick fix, Sculptra is a longer-lasting way to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds. It can add volume to the cheeks, temples, smile lines, and marionette lines. Most patients require 2 to 3 different treatment sessions to build up to the desired effect. Once that is achieved, results can last for 2 years or more.
Get The Skinny
Restoring the Aging Face and Your Natural Beauty
Dr. Bruce shares her view on how time affects your natural beauty and how injectable fillers help restore your youthful glow. Read the Article
Getting the Most From Fillers
Many of our patients make injectable filler treatments a regular part of their beauty routine by visiting us for periodic touch-ups and treatments. This usually happens on a recurring schedule, about every 6 to 12 months. We offer several loyalty programs for the benefit of our repeat patients:
- Brilliant Distinctions®: This rewards program, from the maker of JUVÉDERM, is free to join. Receive loyalty points at each visit and redeem them for savings as you earn more. You can also earn points shopping at some of your favorite retailers using the Brilliant Distinctions Mall. Learn more.
- ASPIRE Galderma Rewards: Join the newest reward program in the industry, also absolutely free. You'll earn points on the Restylane family of products, including Sculptra. Once you become a member of ASPIRE, you can also earn points by taking tutorials and attending special members-only events. Learn more.
Do fillers hurt?
Today, most fillers come formulated with lidocaine, which is a trusted anesthetic. This is especially true with hyaluronic acid-based products. Lidocaine makes the injections mildly uncomfortable. Treatments are brief and straightforward, and these products don't typically produce any sort of lingering discomfort. Patients are able to return to their usual activities immediately following their appointments.
How much do injectable fillers cost?
The cost of your own dermal filler procedure at our Houston practice depends on a few factors, including which areas of your face you'd like to treat and which specific products we use. It's tough to provide an exact estimate without knowing more about you first.
During your consultation, we'll provide you with an accurate quote that reflects your specific procedure. Our goal is to give you the best results possible, and we need to examine you before we're able to do that.
Can I combine fillers with other procedures?
Absolutely. It's fairly common to use multiple fillers during a session, and they can also be combined with other procedures for enhanced results. Our favorites include KYBELLA®, an injectable product which can reduce a double chin, and Fraxel® laser resurfacing. Your practitioner offers you more personalized recommendations during your consultation.
How often can I have filler treatments?
There’s no evidence that repeat filler treatments are dangerous or harmful in the long term. Their naturally derived active ingredients are metabolized by the body over time, leading to a gradual “wearing off” of results. It’s not uncommon for filler patients to have touch-up treatments at regular intervals.
What can I expect after my treatment?
One of the most appealing qualities of injectable fillers is that they don’t require any recovery time after treatment. Typically, patients can safely return to their normal everyday activities immediately after treatment. Some localized side effects are common and temporary. Many patients report mild bruising, tenderness, itching, and other symptoms at their injection sites. These usually go away on their own within a couple of days.