Skip to Content
Select Page
Contact Us Today

As Told By a Dermatologist: Insight Into Sun Spots

Laypeople call them sun spots, but as a dermatologist in Houston, I call them actinic keratoses or AKs. AKs are dry, scaly, rough-textured patches or lesions (injured or diseased areas on the skin) that form on the outermost layer of the skin after years of exposure...