A New Chapter in Hydration: HA5 by April Harrison, MPAS, PA-C
-Feeling the effects of time and weather on your skin? Our dermatology team is excited about SkinMedica’s new HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator. With five different forms of skin-hydrating hyaluronic acid for immediate plumping and hydrating, and peptides and antioxidants for skin protection and rejuvenation over the long term, all in a velvety smooth formulation your skin will love. We are thrilled to offer a skin care product that will have Houston patients’ skin looking smoother and refreshed in no time.
WHAT IS HYALURONIC ACID (HA)?
• HA is a natural, “water-loving” substance found in the skin
• HA holds in moisture, keeping skin healthy, resilient, and supple
WHY DO I NEED HA?
• As you get older, your natural HA levels decrease and your skin loses its ability to retain moisture. Your skin becomes rougher and dryer. This can lead to lines and wrinkles that can make you look older than you feel.
• By the time you are 40-50, you have lost 50% of the HA that you had at age 20
HA5 WORKS DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHER TOPICAL HA SERUMS
• HA5 delivers both immediate and long-term skin benefits
• Just 15 minutes after application, you’ll see the smooth difference
MAY 2017 – Introducing HA5 Smooth and Plump Lip System
A new generation of topical hyaluronic acid for your lips. This two- step treatment is clinically shown to plump the appearance of lips while providing the same smoothing benefints of the award-winning HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator. Immediately after application, overall lip condition improved by over 50%. It visibly improves:
Step 1. Apply on and around the perimeter of the lips. Adds hydration, smooths texture, and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
Step 2. Apply only to the lip area, staying within the natural lip line. Enhances rosiness, definition and visibly plumps the appearance of lips.
With the continued use, study participants using HA5 Smooth and Plump Lip System demonstrated improvements in lip hydration, as well as a statistically significant reduction in the appearance of lip wrinkles after 4 weeks.