For men and women experiencing sagging or drooping brows, they can look tired or angry when they are neither! This can be extremely frustrating and have a negative impact on their confidence, self-esteem, social life, and more. While injectable fillers and wrinkle relaxers can provide some level of improvement, there often comes a point when the brow begins to droop so severely that a more extensive treatment is needed.
Fortunately, brow lift surgery is an effective way to refresh your appearance and achieve stunning, long-lasting results. Experienced plastic surgeon Dr. Ryan Couvillion and the caring team at SBA Dermatology are proud to help Houston, TX patients feel more confident about their image through a variety of exciting and innovative cosmetic procedures, including eyebrow lift surgery.
What does a brow lift do?
A brow lift is designed primarily to raise the brow line and eyebrows, effectively lifting and “opening up” the face for a more refreshed and rejuvenated appearance. For some patients, a drooping, prominent, or protruding brow is simply something they were born with, while others begin to notice their brow progressively sagging as they age. In either case, a brow lift is a fantastic solution.
How does eyebrow lift surgery work?
Dr. Couvillion is skilled and experienced in a variety of different browlift types and techniques, each of which is characterized by a unique surgical approach, incision placement, and more. The method used can depend on the patient’s specific goals, the severity of their concerns, and whether or not additional procedures are being performed. In many cases, patients choose to combine a brow lift with a facelift or eyelid lift to further enhance their results and appear up to ten years younger!
During your initial consultation at SBA Dermatology, Dr. Couvillion will thoroughly evaluate your features, discuss your personal concerns and goals, answer your questions in detail, and help formulate a surgical plan that is most appropriate for you.
Why should I consider a browlift?
From addressing specific aesthetic concerns to transforming a patient’s overall look, browlift surgery has a long list of exciting benefits. Six of the most compelling reasons to consider a brow lift as part of your cosmetic journey include:
1. You look angry: Arguably, the most common reason that men and women in Houston, TX pursue browlift surgery is that a drooping brow makes them appear chronically tired or angry. Not only can this lower a person’s self-confidence, but it can actually deter others from approaching or engaging with them. Browlift surgery raises the brow and is known for helping patients appear refreshed, younger, friendlier, and happier overall.
2. You have lines and wrinkles: One of the most notable signs of facial aging is the development of lines and wrinkles. The forehead and eye area are often affected first and continue to show progressive signs of aging over time. A brow lift helps to raise and smooth the forehead and can result in a dramatic reduction in the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and other creases.
3. Your eyes look tired: In many cases, a drooping brow can begin to hang over the eyes, making patients appear tired and even impeding their vision. When a brow lift is performed, the eyes can be opened up for a brighter, more refreshed look.
4. You need a confidence boost: If a drooping brow is making you feel discouraged, embarrassed, or even depressed, the dramatic improvements that can be achieved through brow lift surgery can have a profound impact on your overall quality of life and emotional well-being.
5. You want long-lasting results: Many patients use nonsurgical options, such as BOTOX®, JUVÉDERM®, and other injectable treatments to improve the appearance of their forehead and brow. However, the results are only temporary, and patients often require repeat injections every few months to maintain their results. For patients who prefer longer-lasting, more dramatic results, brow lift surgery is a perfect solution.
6. You are ready for a full transformation: Because brow lift surgery can be combined with a wide array of cosmetic facial procedures, patients are able to achieve a stunning new look in a single surgical setting, often appearing up to ten years younger.
How long does a browlift last?
With the significant physical, emotional, and financial investments that go into cosmetic surgery, it is understandable for patients to wonder how long their results will last. When brow lift surgery is performed by a qualified, experienced, and highly skilled plastic surgeon, many patients are able to enjoy their gorgeous new look for up to 10 years. However, the longevity of browlift results can vary from patient to patient and depend on the patient’s lifestyle, the specific browlift technique used, and other factors. Furthermore, it is important for patients to have realistic expectations about their results and understand that the aging process will not stop after plastic surgery.
Am I a good candidate for a browlift in Houston, TX?
While most men and women who are in good health, do not smoke and desire a more refreshed and youthful appearance can be considered for brow lift surgery, the best way to determine with certainty whether or not the procedure is appropriate for you is to be evaluated by a qualified and knowledgeable plastic surgeon. Call SBA Dermatology to schedule your one-on-one consultation with exceptional plastic surgeon Dr. Ryan Couvillion in Houston, TX, and take the first step toward transforming your appearance with browlift surgery!